Maine Drone Peace Walk
October 10-19, 2013
Preserve our Privacy: No Drone Spying in Maine
President Obama has announced that 30,000 drones will be soon flying around the US doing surveillance of the American people. Thirty-seven states have applied to be one of six drone test centers across the nation. More than 500 drone manufacturing corporations are now bidding to be recipients of Pentagon funds for drones. Join us as we walk across parts of Maine from October 10-19 to call attention to this deadly and unconstitutional drone program. We must push back against the expanding use of surveillance drones in the US and weaponized drones around the world that are killing many innocent people. There is much talk about bringing drones to Maine and making the Presque Isle airport a weaponized drone test center, thus our reason for starting the walk in Aroostook County. Our non-violent peace walk will be led by Buddhist monks and nuns from the Nipponzan Myohoji order.
Drone Walk Schedule:
• October 10 (Thursday) Begin in Limestone (former Loring AFB) and walk to Caribou.
• October 11 (Friday) Walk to Presque Isle
• October 12 (Saturday) Drive to Indian Island (near Old Town) and walk into Bangor
• October 13 (Sunday) Walk to Skowhegan (need to drive some part of the day)
• October 14 (Monday) Walk to Mercer
• October 15 (Tuesday) Walk to Farmington
• October 16 (Wednesday) Walk to Waterville (need to shuttle some part of the day)
• October 17 (Thursday) Walk to Belgrade
• October 18 (Friday) Walk to Augusta and hold closing ceremony at state capital at 3 pm (Potluck & program at Mediation & Facilitation Resource Center, 11 King St at 6:00 pm)
• October 19 (Saturday) Shuttle to Bath and join protest against BIW “Christening” of first stealth destroyer – we urge folks to join us from around state at 10:00 am
Get more information about the Maine Drone Peace Walk by calling (207) 443-9502 or visit our web sites.
Maine Campaign to Bring Our War $$ Home http://www.bringourwardollarshome.org
Maine Veterans for Peace http://vfpmaine.org